Support hours are a key component of our philosophy of parental involvement at Sacred Heart Catholic School. Each family is responsible for participating in the Support Hours program. This collective effort helps Sacred Heart accomplish our goals with limited resources, while also encouraging meaningful involvement of parents in the education of their children.
Each family enrolled in Sacred Heart Catholic School will be responsible for one of the following:Completion of 33 (3 of which must be for the bazaar, prior to or during the bazaar) support hours per school year. Sacred Heart School must be the direct beneficiary of the services rendered.
OR a family may make a $330 support payment.
- Accumulation of school support hours will begin the first day of summer vacation, and the completion of the support program will end the last day of school during that school year.
- The compilation of hours is completely on the honor system. Each time a person participates in service as outlined in Item 1, they will simply present a signed statement to the school office of the service they participated in and the total hours worked. Acomplilation of hours accumluated will be sent to each family each grading period with the school report card.
- Any member of the immediate family may earn and count support hours for their family. Immediate family is defined as mother, father, sons, daughters, grandparents, step mother, step father, and step siblings.
- Students who participate cannot count support hours and school-required service hours for the same event.
- Fifteen of the thirty hours may be in Athletics/Booster Club.
Each family is responsible for documentation of the support hours and turning them into the office
- The support maybe may be prorated based on the number of support hours completed at the end of the year. A rate of $10 per hour will be assessed to those families who have accumulated less than 33 hours.
- The support payment due must be made on or before the last day of the school year.
). The office will give each family a receipt so that there will be no misunderstanding or loss of hours. If there are serious discrepancies or questions about a family's hours, please contact the school office. There are many opportunities to volunteer in events that directly benefit Sacred Heart School. These include, but are not limited to:
- Sacred Heart Catholic School Bazaar, held each June
- Octoberfest, held the first Saturday in October
- Classroom/playground volunteer
- School specialty days such as Grandparent's Day or Spring Festival
- Dance chaperones, scheduled work days, dinners, PTO functions, and Booster Club events.
Although there are other lay and litrugical events that are not recorded as support hours, your participation is encouraged. Some examples include: Vacation Bible School, First Communion, Confirmation, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Brownies. It will be the responsibility of the school to inform you of support program opportunities through school notes, the school website, and principal's bulletins. We have always enjoyed quality parental involvement in the school. Your continued support and cooperation as we work together will make Sacred Heart School the finest it can be.